Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hell Week (FINALS)

Finals week is approaching but luckily my finals are split between this week and next week. But I still feel like I have no time to prepare myself. Finals week is one of those weeks in life that no one looks forward and no one is really ready for. I don't care what you say, in your head you're thinking "Oh @#$* I'm not ready for this!"At least with finals week you know when it is going to happen and you some what know what to expect. On the other hand we have those HELL weeks when we have no idea when they are coming and have the slightest clue of what is going to happen. You know what I'm talking about... Whether it be a death in the family or close friend, losing your job, fight with your spouse, bad grade on test(s), getting dumped, car accident, getting sick, and the list can go on. I know I listed some extreme situations but they happen and sometimes a few of these events in the same week. How does one prepare him/herself for such events? Even if we knew when and where these events were to take place, would we prepare differently? Events like these have the potential of changing our lives, both for the good and for the bad. It is up to us to decide how we will be influenced and how will will continue to live. Will we give up or stand steadfast? Will we take the the easy way out or the best way? Will we forgive or get revenge? It is not the events that change our lives but the everyday decisions we make that will shape us for tomorrow.
"Plus que hier, moins que demain," is a quote I will never forget. In English, "More than yesterday, less than tomorrow." Our knowledge is more than what we had yesterday but less than the knowledge we will have tomorrow. Ones love for another is greater today than yesterday but it is less than the love one will have tomorrow. Are you catching my drift? Progression not regression. Well... I feel like I'm blabbering now so I will end this post.
Good luck to all students during Finals week and to all those going through a HELL week.

No comments: